"$uper" frugal living. "$aving" money...one idea at a time.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The day from "H-E-double-hockey-sticks"

Today was not a very good day.  Not a very good day at all.

We had LOTS of errands to run (back to school shopping included) which made for a very long...LONG...day.

4 kids....4 very hyper kids....4 very grabby kids....4 very dawdler-ific kids (I really shouldn't add the baby into all of this...he is actually pretty angelic for the most part)...leads to one very tired, cranky mama (and I even took a nap halfway through the ordeal).

Honestly...

Now that the kids are in bed and I am looking back on the day, however, I have found a little humor in it...just a little...when I was reminded of this scene from Dumb and Dumber.



I kid you not...this scene is near IDENTICAL to our car ride home after our afternoon set of errands.  Myself playing the "bad guy" (I totally react like him too) and my two oldest playing Lloyd and Harry.  Just replace the second set of hitchhikers with my two youngest children and the "bad guys" antacids with chocolate/ice cream my husband is right now...as I type...on assignment to retrieve from the store and you've got the complete picture.

What a day....

It makes me a little unsure about my decision to start weening myself off my anti-depressants tomorrow. (read about it at Methodical Musings of an Unbalanced Woman)

You see...I'm an angry depressed person...not much weeping (or any for that matter)...just a lot of anger and even more RAGE.  Ugh.

I'm not gonna lie...I was a little scared before today...now I'm even more so.

Pray for me (and my poor family), please.   We're gonna need it.

3 comments:

  1. You'll do great Melanie! You are so smart and are so spiritual. You and Heavenly Father together make a great team. I'm sure whatever you decide to do will work out. (ps. I have girls and I have definitely had car rides like that! I guess the one boy does make it so much louder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying laughing....I FEEL your pain! I am right there with ya! What is the deal with boys....mine are so flippin hyper lately it is not even funny!!!

    Hang in there you will get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, please tell me that you are planning on replacing said medication with, say, 7 5-MTHF a day...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...